DBS checking service
At ecdp we offer a fast, flexible and affordable DBS service (previously known as CRB)
What can we do for you?
As a registered umbrella body, ecdp applies for thousands of DBS checks each year both in bulk for organisations and single applications for individuals. We provide you with the fast turnaround and comprehensive support you expect from an experienced provider; our service includes:
- Checking and processing your application(s)
- Tracking progress for you
- Providing you with general advice and guidance
- Dispute handling
What is a DBS check?
A Disclosure and Barring Service check is a vital part of a wider safeguarding process. It helps individuals and organisations determine whether a person is a suitable candidate by providing information about an applicant’s criminal history. DBS checks are required for both employees and volunteers.
ecdp can help you obtain either of the two types of DBS checks:
- Standard checks reveal information relating to spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings from the Police National Computer (PNC).
- Enhanced checks reveal the same information as Standard checks but also check against information held by local police forces (for instance, relevant on-going investigations). When specified, an Enhanced Check can also be used to check against lists of people prohibited from working with children and vulnerable adults. These are known as barred lists.
Who needs a DBS check?
Employees and volunteers who work with both adults and children may need a DBS check. However, for checks on volunteers, you do not need to pay the DBS fee, only the ecdp administration fee. For information on which activities require a worker to have a DBS check view the Eligibility Guide
How much does it cost?
There are two parts to the cost of obtaining a DBS check via ecdp- the first is the fee charged by the DBS and the second an administration fee charged by ecdp to cover our costs. Costs are as follows:
|Employee applications||Admin fee (per application)||inc. VAT||Total including DBS Standard check fee (£26)||Total including DBS Enhanced check fee (£44)|
|10 applications (members/non members) - paid in advance||£10.00||£12.00||£38.00||£56.00|
|Volunteer Applications||Admin fee (per application)||inc. VAT|
|10 applications (members/non members) - paid in advance||£10.00||£12.00|
Note: if you are self-employed you cannot directly apply for a check with us.
For more information
Thursday 07 July 2016 is THE BIG HEALTH DAY from 10am to 3pm.
Disability Essex provided advice, support and a place to socialise for disabled people, their families and carers since 1949 but has closed due to financial difficulties.
Dust off your blue suede shoes, brylcreem your quiff and get ready to Party with Elvis on 07 May!